Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pallet House??

I received an email from a close friend with a link to an article that described how to build a house using only pallets. Pallets?? Like the fuel of choice for college bonfires? I was instantly mesmerized by these individuals ingenuity. I decided then and there that I would make something using the old crappy wood that has been cluttering my yard for years.
The table will have the same design.

When we put in the rock wall, part of the yard was already being held up by an old wood retaining wall. We tore out a good portion of it and now have a pile of old rounded beams sitting in the corner of the yard. I set to work sorting which ones had to be chopped and burned, and which ones might be useful. I quickly saw that there was more than enough wood to make a table, bench and a few chairs. THRIIIIILLLLLEEEDDDDD.

I have, so far, only made the bench. I don't really want to put anything into these works of art that hasn't been previously used in one way or another. I'd like to keep the recycled aspect in full force. There were plenty of materials for the tops of these wooden creations, but to hold it together, I need two by fours. So I finished a bench and am waiting to find some extra two by fours to repurpose and finish the table and chairs etc.

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment