Sunday, August 4, 2013

Jeep Cake... Again!!


Another Jeep cake!! This one was awesome! It was patterned after a nearly black four-door wrangler! I am so proud of myself, and I even let B help with this one!

I used the same methods as last time. I baked cake pieces that were larger than what I needed, and cut them to size. I printed a pattern so that I could accurately form the bulk of the Jeeps body.

This cake was a gift for a friends birthday. He is incredibly supportive of everyone he meets and is constantly helping others where he can. It was the least we could do to throw him a surprise birthday party!!

I used over five lbs of fudge for the base. This was preferable to frosting because the fudge did an amazing job of keeping the supports in place. I was unhappy that I had to glue the supports down before I frosted everything last time around. The supports were glue to the underside of the cake board that was holding the main cake, and then stuck down into the fudge for a secure hold. I did half of the fudge using toffee bits to add to the dirt look, and the other half had peanut butter chips for those who do not like toffee.

It was an amazing night with a fun bonfire and s'mores after cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment